Thursday, January 10, 2019

Aboleth: redoing the 5e monster manual

Zak S. started this project a while ago. And ever since then it's changed the way I create new monsters and look at the current stuff we have for 5e (or any edition).

With that in mind, I'm going to try to redo the entire 5e Monster Manual. Let's see if I get further than Zak.

Aarakocra

Today is the Aboleth
Click to make bigger

I'll be honest, I never ran an Aboleth before. Looking at them I was kinda bored. They "enslave" people and live in lakes and are kinda gross? I much prefer the Mindflayer or the Beholder when it comes to Aberrations. 

So these Aboleths are just incubation sacks for alien god babies of the Sleeping Giant, infecting our dreams and leaking into our world. Go slay them or they might give birth to the end of life as we know it. 

They probably got some treasure too.

No comments:

Post a Comment