Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Redoing the 5e Monster Manual

Zak S. started this project a while ago. And ever since then it's changed the way I create new monsters and look at the current stuff we have for 5e (or any edition).

With that in mind, I'm going to try to redo the entire 5e Monster Manual. Let's see if I get further than Zak. Starting with Aarokocra.

Click to make it bigger

So basically these guys are inspired by the Valravn folklore, and they serve this long-dead Queen and see her in every other woman in existence. They carry big swords, fly through the air, and eat dead, searching for the hearts of kings so that they can further their surrogate queen's power. 

Inspiration from the Munchkin card game, which has abilities/monsters that function/react differently to you depending on whichever gender you are. If the wording isn't inclusive, please let me know how I can reword it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment